Monday, October 25, 2010

iPad for consuming, not creating

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/NussbaumOnDesign/archives/2010/04/jeff_jarvis_and_parsons_students_agree_on_ipad--its_for_consuming_media_not_creating_it.html

I actually came across this article a while ago. It talks about how the iPad is primarily for cosuming media and not creating it. Issues mentioned are the lack of a camera, a usb plug, and flash. Things that are in this article considered deal-breakers even for something as simple as blogging.
When I first read this article a couple of weeks ago, I completely agreed and didn't think that was really anything new. To me the iPad seemed like just a fun little device that was more for on-the-go web-browsing and amusement than anything else. Now I wonder if maybe we are jumping to conclusions and not giving it a chance. Maybe it just takes time before people find their different ways of utilizing it. I just came across this article now and since my last blog post was on David Hockney's iPad art, I realized I might be changing my mind on the breadth of opportunities offered by the iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment