Thursday, October 28, 2010

Green Electronics

http://www.fastcompany.com/1698390/greenpeace-guide-to-greener-electronics-hp-moves-up-apple-falls-down

This is interesting. Most of us have a certain level of awareness when it comes to being green. We think about emissions from cars, not using excessive/ unnecessary amounts of water or electricity, etc. While I consider myself a fairly aware person when it comes to being green, I know I certainly haven't ever thought about what is used to actually make the electronics that I use everyday. And when I choose to buy a new phone or laptop, I certainly don't think about which brand is greener as part of making my choice. This article was kind of an eye-opener in that way. Maybe in the future it will be one of my considerations. Luckily, I already own a nokia phone, so does that balance out the fact that I have a macbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment